TIMING BELT KIT SERVICE
With this service, you'll protect your engine and ensure your timing belt system is functioning properly (including the belt and tensioners).
FROM SAR XX
• Fitting a new timing belt kit including the belt and tensioners
• Labour for installation
• Specific checks of the timing belt system
• Changing the oil in the compressor
• Visual inspections by PEUGEOT experts
• Report of work carried out
PEUGEOT IS HERE TO HELP:
• changing the water pump at the same time as the timing belt kit. Changing both of them will help to extend the life span of the system and avoid further work being necessary. Furthermore, the fact that the components are so close together means you only have to take the engine apart once to change them, thereby saving money.
• The essential replacement of the timing belt for preventive
reasons, according to manufacturer recommendations (see the maintenance handbook)*
• For your safety, after 80,000 km, ask your PEUGEOT retailer for their advice.For more information, visit the site www.groupe-psa.com
The timing belt is critical to the operation of your engine.
It constantly synchronises the movement of the pistons and the valves.
- They are in constant use whilst the engine is running, which means that timing system parts wear naturally as you increase your vehicle's mileage.
- The climate can lead to premature wear.
- A leak in the water pump and the draining of coolant can considerably shorten the life span of the timing belt.
There are no obvious signs that allow you to gauge the level of wear
of the timing belt. To protect your engine, the timing kit must be replaced in accordance with the recommendations in your maintenance handbook.